A friendly congregation, with opportunities to worship, ask questions, serve, learn, pray, and sing . . . and with a place for you! We have served Christ in the Millersburg community since 1836. Connect with us via Facebook.
NOTICE: We will be beginning worship services at the Millersburg Christian Church building on Sunday, Nov 8. To do that safely, we will be observing the following protocols:
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR Millersburg Christian Church:
1. Everyone will enter through either the sanctuary doors or the back door. The door into the mezzanine will remain locked. A member of the diaconate will be stationed at both places to check temperatures and offer hand sanitizer. No one will be able to enter if their temperature is 100.4 or higher.
2. FACE MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED.
3. Rev. Patricia will remain on Zoom until it is agreed upon by the church board and Rev. Patricia that she feels safe to return. She will be with us on the TV screen in the sanctuary plus anyone who does not feel safe in returning can still Zoom from home.
4. Attendees shall answer the following questions before entering the sanctuary:
a. Has anyone in your household been tested in the last two weeks for COVID-19?
b. Have you shown signs of a fever, cough, or shortness of breath in the last 24 hours?
5. Persons shall sit in designated area as directed by a member of the diaconate. We are a small enough congregation that we should be able to seat one person/family per pew then skip a pew, etc. to remain socially distanced. Pew cushions will be removed from the pews to help with cleaning.
6. Communion will be prepared by a member of the diaconate/elder by placing an oyster cracker in a cup with a cup of juice placed on top of that. We will either place the cups in the pew holders or a member of the diaconate will pass the plate around while wearing gloves.
7. Offering plates will not be passed around. It will be placed on the table in the narthex where people may place their offering entering or leaving the sanctuary.
8. Upon leaving the sanctuary, persons will be provided hand sanitizing wipes to clean the pew in which they were sitting. If this is not possible, please see a member of the diaconate.
9. We will have piano music as we do now, but no singing.
10. Hopefully if we remain diligent, we won’t have to do this very long!
Stay safe and healthy. And we will try to keep everyone in the loop via FB posts, our website, and emails.
For a complete, detailed history of this church, go to History of MCC or click on the “History” tab above.
Millersburg Christian Church is now a Green Chalice congregation (www.greenchalice.org): The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. Out of our call to “do justice” (Micah 6:8), we strive to demonstrate the fullness of God’s shalom through living out our faith by caring for God’s creation. Come and join us!
Pics from the Advent Season and Christmas pageant 2019:
A few pics from the Dec 9, 2020, annual Cookie Exchange. Rules: bring 3 dozen cookies–one dozen to eat, two dozen to trade. (Next year, we are thinking about a vegetable exchange. What do you think?)
Some pics from our March 9, 2019, St. Patrick’s fundraiser: corned beef and cabbage dinner and silent auction. And a real live leprechaun!
Sunday, Feb 3, we “blessed” member Stan Adams’ book, “Mokane to Mole City”, which chronicles his year-long tour of duty with the US Army in Vietnam, Nov 1968 to Nov 1969, and the brotherhood that developed with the other young men, the Manchus, with whom he served through horrific experiences.
Christmas 2018 at Millersburg Christian Church
Ryan’s Case for Smiles: Miles of Pillowcase Smiles Workshop involved a lot of folks from all over the central Missouri area making fun pillowcases for children in hospitalization and treatment:
The Annual Outdoor Worship Service in June:
Some new exterior paint makes the church look fresh. Come inside!
Web hosting provided by Socket.